Saturday, May 5, 2012

Baby swiss chard

Another CSA inspired recipe... not sure I've ever cooked with swiss chard before!

Baby Swiss Chard
  1. Chop garlic, ~ 1 tbsp
  2. Rinse and dry swiss chard to remove any sand or dirt. 
  3. To a large frying pan, add a drizzle of olive oil ~ 2 tbsp.
  4. Heat to medium high, enough that the oil is very hot but not smoking.
  5. Add Swiss chard and stir until the greens are very soft. I cooked mine for about 10 minutes and next time I think I'll try longer.
  6. Just before serving, toss in the garlic. Stir another minute or so until the garlic all takes a turn near the bottom of the pan. 
  7. Toss in some chopped tomatoes and serve immediately. 
  8. Garnish the adult plates with fresh cracked pepper, salt and hot pepper flakes. Cut the kids' portions into tiny bites to help with the texture. Our oldest added a splash of lemon juice to hers.
The vegetarian's plate: Baby Swiss chard, asparagus salad, yummy bread,  grilled Asherah's gourmet chipotle vegan burger with spicy mustard and craft beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment