Monday, May 21, 2012

Hummus

Combine 1/4 cup water and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice in a bowl.

My tahini was completely separated and impossible to stir. So I poured it into a food processor and blended it for a few seconds until it was nice and creamy. Then I poured it into a container to store it in and used the same food processor bowl for the remainder of the blending.
Ingredients used
Combine 6 tablespoons of tahini and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl and mix well. I used the empty tahini container to save on dishes!

Process chickpeas, 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic (fresh would be stronger), 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin until smooth. Scrape bowl to combine any chunks from the sides or bottom and process again.

While running the food processor, pour the water - lemon mixture in. Scrape the bowl and process for another minute or so. Then pour the tahini - oil mixture until smooth. Scrape the bowl again and add about 1 - 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped mint. Process until the mint is mixed in and chopped into bits.

Finished hummus


Good stuff mom!


I want more!
Serve with pita chips, fresh chunks of bread or just lick it off your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment